Thursday 15 November 2012

Why I Am Doing This Course

My work at Abertswyth University is involved with ICT and audio visual provision and over the last four years I have been evangelising about the use of lecture capture in Higher Education. I was largely responsible for the adoption of Panopto lecture capture at Abersywtyh University. It seemed a natural step to investigate MOOCs and I thought there was no better way other than enrol on a course. Better still this is in the very area that interests me.
I looking forward to the start of the course and hopefully discussing and debating the topics raised.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Nigel, I'll be interested what your take on MOOC's is as we go on. I work with schools, helping them connect via ICT, blogs etc. I've seen it in action and it can work so well. I wonder how a completely open & larger MOOC environment will compare.

    Best wishes
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris
    I have an open mind at the moment so looking forward to the course. I suspect that, as someone who promotes and supports ICT within a university, I will have a biased perspective.
    I was responsible for the adoption of lecture capture at Aberystwyth university and this sits nicely with MOOCs

    ReplyDelete